Entry #0 - Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Alexis Aguilar, but I go by Lexi. I am so excited to start my blog on here called Lexi's Corner! I am 18 years old and I have lived in Arizona my whole life. I plan on transferring to Washington State University in 2 years though because one, I need to get out of this heat, and 2 it is a very great school. I live with my 2 older sisters, 2 dogs, and mom. We are all extremely close and I honestly can not imagine my life without them, but there are times when I want to move out and get a place of my own you know? Here is a picture of me and my sisters:

The oldest, Angelica is on the left, I am in the middle, and the middle child, Anissa is on the right.
The oldest, Angelica is on the left, I am in the middle, and the middle child, Anissa is on the right.

My parents are divorced but I am just thankful that my parents keep a cordial relationship so that they can keep co-parenting. Here is a picture of us at my high school graduation:



My 2 dogs are a chihuahua mix and a maltese poodle, I absoutely love them to death! They are getting old though so I am trying to spend as much time with them as I can. Here are pictures of my adorable dogs:

This is Abby


                                            This is Aj, I don't know why he always looks scared.

During my free time I like to read, write, and stay active. Right now I am currently reading a series called The Mortal Instruments I highly recommend it it's about supernatural stuff, my favorite. I write little short stories here and there but I do not let anyone read them because I am highly insecure of my writing. I plan on working on that and get the resources to help me become a better writer. On ways I stay active I hike, swim, and do home workouts. I will go to the gym if someone goes with me but I hate going by myself because I feel like everyone is watching me.

I used to play volleyball, but club volleyball gets pretty expensive and my parents didn't know if they could afford it. It was very hard not to play anymore, but eventually I understood where my parents were coming from. They had to pay college for my other 2 sisters and it's not like I could help pay for it even if I worked it still wouldn't be enough to cover the costs. I still play just for fun every now and then because it's my passion, I will always have a place in my heart for it. If you want here's a link on Instagram of some of my volleyball highlights when I played club: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwUZY5GBjXl/?utm_medium=share_sheet

My goals in life are to become a Psychologist, become a member of the National Women's Indoor Volleyball Team, and get one of my writings published. I have always thought the human mind and brain are interesting and important to study, if I can understand myself more maybe I can help others better understand why they say or do the things they do. There are many things I can do with a Psyhology degree but I am kind of leaning towards being a sports psychologist. Unfortunately, I never got a scholarship in volleyball but maybe I can just be a walk on during try-outs in college. I will never know if I don't try and who knows, maybe if I make the team in college it will lead me to the National Volleyball Team. Also, it would be pretty cool if I walked into Barnes & Nobles and see one of my future books that I had written on their shelves. I could have written about my journey with volleyball or my study findings in Pscyhology. It's good to have goals and I hope you have some too. Anyways, thank you so much for taking some time to read this quite long introduction about me. I hope you liked it and I hope to see you again on... Lexi's Corner! Byyeee!!

Comments

  1. It is so cool that you are on a club volleyball team I always wanted to be on a club team but never had the money for it. I also played volleyball but only in high school it probably one of the worst decisions I have made but I still did it and got as many opportunities. I wanted to try out for the team at GCC but now I just play for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous for you moving to Washington it's so beautiful there! And being from out northeast I miss the cold and snow, it's too hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say, I love the name of your blog! Volleyball is a very fun sport, my cousins and I would always play at ASU West volleyball fields but since we were soccer players we just used our feet. I'm sure that counts right? Club is very expensive I agree which is the reason why I never pursued my dream of being a professional soccer player. I wish you the best of luck Lexi at Washington State University and make these next 2 years memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get how giving up your sport feels i had to give up on hockey to focus on my life. and my future but it really sucked but i do still play for fun and it makes it better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dogs are very cute! My cat is getting pretty old too so I get the trying to spend as much time with them as you can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #10 - Topics in Food Quest

Entry#9 - The Secrets of Starbucks