Entry #1- The Purpose of Blogs

    One form of writing includes writing blogs, just like this one. I love writing blogs because I feel like I can talk about whatever I want. There are times when I can write in a casual manner when talking about personal topics, and times when I can write in a professional manner when talking about serious topics. I did some research and read multiple blogs to get a feeling of how people write blogs and what they do to make their's unique. 

    On People.com, there is a blog posted on their about Kim Kardashian and her fashion sense. She arrived at the Met Gala in N.Y.C. wearing a leather ensemble from head-to-toe. One thing that I like about this blog is that it is short and gets straight to the point. The point that the author made was that Kim has always been bold with her style, and has even outdone herself once again. What I don't like about this blog is that it kind of has a bad connotation towards Kim's fashion sense, it makes her seem crazy for wearing that head-to-toe black leather ensemble. The blog starts off with a shocking sentence and then goes on to explain Kim's outfit. Then they mention that she even posted pictures of her outfit on Instagram and captioned the post with a knife emoji. The format is very gossipy and is more opinionated on what they think about her outfit. The author's purpose is to create a scandal and get everyone's opinion on Kim K's Met Gala outfit. He or she goes into detail about what the outfit looked like and even included multiple pictures in order for everyone to get a full sense of how "bold" the outfit really was.

     Here is the link to Kim K's post on Instagram if you want to check it out: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTs-MVhMqBH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

    Another blog that I read is about a New Yorker named Gary Vaynerchuk who became internet famous by being the host of Wine Library TV, a video blog that continuously talked about everything related to wine. The blog was about a book that he published called, Twelve and a Half: Leveraging The Emotional Ingredients Necessary For Business Success. This blog is very informational and very professional for Gary's fandom; I also like how colorful it is. The one thing I don't like about the blog is that its bearer of bad news. The purpose of this blog is to let his fans know that the "get a gift for every 12 books you buy" offer is now closed. He even includes the tweet he posted on his Twitter account to clear things up and makes sure that everyone understands. The blog starts off with getting the problem out in the open but ends the blog with steps and details on the next offer and what to do now that the offer is not available anymore. He also mentions questions that he has gotten from lots of people about the offer and answers them to the best of his ability. 

    If you want to learn more about Gary Vaynerchuk and his successes, join him on his journey at garyvaynerchuk.com

    Here is a picture of this famous New Yorker right over here: 




        Let's look at one more blog to get the gist of how blogs can be written in so many ways. I found a blog on lifehack.org that talks about 7 scientific ways on how to find happiness. I like that the author, Scott Christ, is so positive and tries to gain a connection with his audience by being relatable. He starts off by implying that he wants to be happy just like everybody else in this world. What I do not like about this blog is that it's a little boring. There are no pictures and no personal stories of his that he could have used to make the blog more relatable and perhaps funny. The blog is organized in an orderly fashion with the topic briefly summarized in the beginning, and the 7 steps on how to find happiness listed below. It's formatted in more of a professional way and kind of seems like the man is an expert in these kinds of things. It's very helpful and it seems like he's credible because he pulls out sources on where he got some of his information from. The author's purpose is to get anyone informed on how to become happy within themselves because most people think they know what they need to be happy. This leads the author to have an emotional appeal to get the readers to understand why they either think that they happy or they think that they aren't. For instance, Scott refers to one's emotions by having the first step to finding happiness be putting others first. He explains that when people decide to devote their time to making sure their loved ones are always happy, good things will only happen to them.

    In the end, if you think you need a little more happiness in your life I highly suggest reading this insightful blog, here is the link: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/what-you-really-need-happy.html

    Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, I really appreciate it. I hope it helped you realize that blogging can be fun and that there are little to no rules when it comes to it. It's all about expressing your feelings and/or giving out information that you think would help people as they move along through life. I challenge you to read one blog per day and tell me the things that you notice are special about it and what things you didn't like and what things you did like. Have a good one!

        ~This is Lexi, signing off 👋

Comments

  1. I love the topics you picked to write about!! Im such a Kardashian fan and that was the first thing that caught my eye. I love that you included the links for us to take a peek ourselves, but I do wish you added a photo or two for us. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lexi! I loved your blog because of the blog topics that you chose to review, they were very interesting to read about especially for me since I love keeping up with celebrities and also, who wouldn't want to learn some ways on how to achieve happiness?! I also enjoy writing blogs now for the same reason, that I feel like I can write about anything that I want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry#9 - The Secrets of Starbucks

Entry #10 - Topics in Food Quest

Entry #0 - Introduction