Entry #6 - Halloween Time!

     Hello, world! My name is Alexis Aguilar and today I thought I would talk about what we have all been waiting for, Halloween!! Now I am not going to lie, Halloween is definitely not my favorite holiday because I hate getting scared, but I am not going to be a hater you know. There are things that I love about this scary holiday like dressing up as one of my favorite characters, eating as much candy as I can until I feel like throwing up, and just walking around my neighborhood and seeing all of the spooky lights and decorations. I don't go trick-or-treating anymore because I am 18 years old now, my time has come to an end. But that doesn't mean I need to stop celebrating this crazy holiday. If you are not a kid anymore and older like me, there are plenty of things for us to do. 


    First of all, I plan on dressing up because the costumes that I wore when I was little were more chosen by my mom and not by me, but now I have a job and I can actually go out and buy myself my own costume! I plan on maybe dressing up as Harley Quinn or Cruella De Vill, probably Harley Quinn because I have been wanting to dress up as her for years. Harley Quinn is so cool and I love that she can kick butts. Her style is just so unique and I love her quirky personality. I also kind of want to see myself as a blonde, if I like it maybe I will dye my hair blonde one day. To spice the look up a little bit I think I'm going to get my nails done too. Are you dressing up this year? I looked on Pinterest and this is one of my favorite Harley Quinn looks with Harley Quinn nails:             


        Another thing to do on this spine-chilling night is to of course, carve pumpkins! It is a fun activity for a big group of friends and it's cool seeing all of the creative ideas that everyone comes up with. Maybe even put on some Halloween music to set the mood you know. Also, if someone messes up terribly then its the perfect chance to get a quick laugh out of it hehe. Now I personally would rather paint punpkins because its easier and more fun for me. I am one that is not good at carving pumpkins, so I instead would rather get colorfully created and create a unique pumpkin. What do you think is better, carving or painting pumpkins? Here is a picture of one of the ideas that I am thinking of:




            Lastly, there is always watching horror movies. I used to hate horror movies but my friend recently got me into them. I never gave them a chance because I was scared by a tall clown at a party once, and I have been pretty much traumatized ever since. But my friend loves horror movies and finally I sat down with her and watched A Nightmare on Elm Street. We made some popcorn and bought some snacks and candy before we went home, so I was very happy about that. I realized that horror movies can actually be quite funny. The way that Freddy was running after Nancy with his long arms just flinging around everywhere was just really funny. The graphics of the 1984 film was just funny because of the cringey acting and the basic scary music. For those of you that do watch horror movies, what is your favorite horror movie?




            I can't wait for Halloween and I am excited to see how my costume is going to turn out. I am going to have my sister do my makeup and I know it is going to be good because she is very good at doing makeup. I hope you guys decide to dress up because it is so fun to pretend to be someone else, and there are always going to be an inner kid inside of all of us. If you decide to carve or paint pumpkins you should definitely send me pictures to my email because I want to see what you guys come up with, my personal email is lexivb03@gmail.com. I hope you guys have fun and stay safe on Halloween night because it can be dangerous out there. Live it up maybe go to a party, but if you just want to stay in and bundle up with a movie and candy that is also a good idea; that is probably what I am going to do haha.

           Signing off, 
            Alexis Aguilar


Comments

  1. love the topic choice of Halloween. I like how you broke down the Halloween day ideas. Great idea with painting a pumpkin instead of carving one out. I have carved a pumpkin before but never painted them, I'm gonna try that this year. I also use to hate scary movies. But in my early 20's I started watching thrillers and suspense. I'm still not a fan of gory movies, like chain saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Alexis. Your four new blogs are looking pretty good. You have nice layout and visual appeal most of the time (careful of big blocks of text), and you are working to develop your content to move more deeply into the significance of the topic and ways it connects to your reader. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry#9 - The Secrets of Starbucks

Entry #10 - Topics in Food Quest

Entry #0 - Introduction